The MST8: The Place of the Wound symposium is free and open to the public. Attendees must register for each of the three days separately. You may attend one, two or all three days. A detailed programme is available here.
Image to the left: The Casement Project: Butterflies and Bones (c) 2016, Stephen Wright photographer, courtesy Fearghus Ó Conchúir. Header image courtesy of Monica de Bath (c) 2012, Untitled.
17 October 2016, Monday: Attending to Spectral Traces: Wounded Places.
–> Day 1 Eventbrite registration is here.
- Symposium Overview about ‘Wounded Places’;
- International Keynote Panel and Discussion on ‘The Place of the Wound’;
- Presentations and Discussion about ‘The Segregated City’;
- Conflict Mediation Workshop;
- ‘Mapping Spectral Traces Ireland’ Exhibition Launch and reception (with musical performance).
18 October 2016, Tuesday: Living Body/Places.
–> Day 2 Eventbrite registration is here.
- Presentations and Discussion about ‘The Lived Body’;
- ‘Invisible Landscapes’ Performed Reading;
- ‘Gaitways: Moving Along the Corridors of Cultural Wounding’ Movement Workshop’
- ‘A Revolver in the Medical Bag’, Lecture Performance.
19 October 2016, Wednesday: Healing Place: Creating Alternative Ecologies.
–> Day 3 Eventbrite registration is here.
- Decolonisation Workshop;
- Presentations and Discussion about ‘Attending to Lands and Waters’;
- Presentations and Discussion about ‘Place-Making and Creating Socially Sustainable Communities’;
- Panel Discussion about ‘Seeking Spatial Justice’;
- Closing Reception.